Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 8

Sunday, July 17.

Off.

Our inspection is on Monday so we've been cleaning the apartment. Which means Cristina cleaned the bathroom before leaving for work and I cleaned the kitchen, the dishes and the floors. The rest didn't do shit. I went to get a vacuum at the main office, like usual the lady down there wasn't in the best of moods. I vacuumed the whole apartment except Jessica and Erin's room, Jess said she would do it. By 16:30 or so she decided she wouldn't have time to vacuum before going to work so I waited for her to leave to vacuum their pigsty (at least the main part, you know, the ground I could reach). By the time I got back to the office they were closed, so I am stranded in Vista with no Property ID, therefore no going out of the complex. Am I slightly ticked off at them? yes. They did clean up their room so it'll be alright. And we explained the situation to the Security men so I was able to get Wendy's for dinner.
In the meantime I was somewhat productive watching America's Got Talent and resizing my hundred photographs.

Monday, July 18.

Off.

White Glove Award! We had our photo taken in our PJs, sadly Laura wasn't there, but I'm sure Photoshop can do wonders if we ever get that photo.
I finally caught up a little bit on this blog, added lots of pictures to past entries and added bits and pieces to some blogs. For instance my day off at Animal Kingdom that was never written... what was that?

Tuesday, July 19.

Africa - Harambe.
14:30-21:00

Harambe is a warm place. Very very warm. I believe I did the Pre-Lining, all the way around the park this time. I coached Anthony this time. He should have done it before but every time the Parade was cancelled. He knew where the garbages were but he didn't actually know how we went about actually Pre-Lining. We're supposed to be at the Safari Gate at 15:30 so we can start walking by 15:40 or so. That means Custodials AND coordinators/managers. By 15:40 no one was there so I called a coordinator asking about the managers, Mary told me they should be on their way. They ended up showing up running telling us that we should have left already and they were going to catch up to us on the other side. At which point I put my foot down telling them that we are expected to wait for managers at the gate. They looked at me like I was stupid and told me that wasn't quite true. I don't care, I'm going to keep doing what I was told by the coordinators and wait for them at the gate.
During my closing trash run I was called to go clean up a Code V in the Tusker Marketplace. Turns out that's inside the restaurant where people can eat buffet style. Looks pretty fancy in there.

Wednesday, July 20.

Main Entrance -Medical Side.
13:00-21:30

I got the side I wanted, Dan got Bus Side, he was not happy. Actually except during his trash run he didn't do much. He mostly stood in one spot and chatted with the animal presenters. We went to the Discovery Island back area to get some Powerade before it disappeared and I went to watch the Parade when it came by, it made me get out of my section, but I would do a lot to see the Parade.
We cleaned up two Code Vs, one we found on the bridge to Discovery Island, it wasn't called in, we just happened to be there so we took care of it. The second was called in by the outside Guest Relations, I ended up cleaning it up while Dan went to take care of a lost child.
As far as the animals go, they were trying to get the Babirusas to mate so the male was following the female all day while she acted angry towards him the whole time.

Thursday, July 21.

Main Entrance - Bus Side.
13:00-21:30

Custodial Heather showed me  Spoonbill baby birds! A while ago they placed extra fencing in a V shape against the fence around the Spoonbills and the Flamingos because of four or five nests that were built. Well I didn't realize it yesterday but the eggs hatched and there are the cutest little baby birds in those nests. Actually they're not small, they're a good size and all white and fuzzy. There are also baby ducks, so adorable.
Not much happened, my closing trash was smooth and easy, I was done right on time and had a few minutes to walk the area again - it's still very creepy at night.
Oh! We did have another Code V. It was a bit of a mess (not the Code V, the situation) because Brian and I didn't have the right radios so the right person didn't get the right calls. The office was told that the Code V was near the bag check before the turnstiles, it wasn't. We looked around for a little bit before the manager of the store a bit away from the bag check found us and showed us where to clean up. Fun times. Actually it was fun, Code Vs become a joke when you're not alone to clean them up.

Friday, July 22.

Asia - Caravan.
14:30-21:00

Friday started a little strange. When I got to the office I was told that Trina "had an emergency" and so had to leave, therefore my area was down one person. I went up to Asia to get the radio from John who was leaving at 16:00 and just wanted to get rid of the radio (who doesn't?). Brian who came in at 14:00 had to take over Trina's trash run at 14:00 and then do his own at 16:00, let me just say he was not happy with that.
At 15:30 it started raining, just in time to put the Parade on hold for half an hour and then have it canceled. It was now the Guests' turn to be unhappy. It then proceeded to rain for the following five hours. It was still raining when I did my trash run at 19:30 and stopped at 20:40 when I started my trek back to the office. I love my poncho.
Asia was empty by 19:00 or so, the outdoor attractions had been closed for a long while because of the rain, lightning and thunder. The only outdoor one still running by the end of the day was the Kilimanjaro Safaris in Africa. So overall, after 18:00 the only things left to do were the Kilimanjaro, the Dinosaur ride and watching It's Tough to be a Bug!.

Saturday, July 23.

Africa - Pangani.
14:30-21:00

Pangani is a wonderful place to work. Especially with a closing trash, it's incredibly relaxing and easy. The cans tend to stay rather empty so I did my run in one time and had time left over to walk around Harambe and listen to Alex, from South Africa, complaining about having to close the area when everyone is gone by 19:30 anyway. Totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you'd rather clean puke than take care of a lost child :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney is teaching me how to deal with kids, but sometimes it's hard. Some really need to understand that Disney World is not the place for temper tantrums. Although that also applies to parents.

    ReplyDelete