Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 12

Sunday, August 14.

Asia - Caravan.
11:00-18:30

It gets harder and harder to write interesting things when it all becomes the same, over and over again. I've written a few times about Caravan, the trash run, the rain, the Parade, how much I love this area. I was once again the closing sweeper which meant I had the 16:30 trash run, my break keeping me from watching the Parade. The nice thing about finishing with no closing trash is the lack of rushing, the bad thing is that once you're done with your trash there is very little to do. Caravan is still one of the best shaded area in the park.

Monday, August 15.

Dinoland - Dinosaur.
13:30-20:00

A lot like Caravan, Dinosaur is the area in Dinoland with the most shade. The Crutaceous Trail is the perfect shaded area to hide in, the managers and coordinators don't go through there very often. Dinosaur had a few problems with their Fast Passes so the line for them (which should be shorter than the stand-by) was incredibly long. Guests are never very happy when they wait after being told they could skip lines. Managers have been making their rounds, especially in the areas near the front of the park. Ian walked through Dinoland a few times and called me as I started my last run to tell me one of my cans was close to overflowing. Dinosaur (the ride) has four cans inside which I try not to forget. Getting them after the park closes is a lot easier than getting to them in the middle of the day.

Tuesday, August 16.

Car rental with Ricky!!! This was great, we decided to rent a car for a 24 hour period and do all the things we have wanted to do for a while. We didn't get to everything but we did a lot. We walked over to the Hampton hotel near our apartments and got a Honda at 13:00 or so and drove over to Golden Corral, the best buffet I have ever seen, quality and quantity wise, it almost made me forget about Roy's Buffet. We then made our way around, getting lost and all that jazz. We made it to Target, except it was SUPER Target, it has a whole food section and we went crazy when we saw all the deals they had on pasta and granola bars, needless to say we got two carts.

Wednesday, August 17.

Since we had the car until 13:00 we drove over to Costuming at the Animal Kingdom and then to Property Control at the Magic Kingdom where I managed to buy a huuuuge bag of pasta. I think it's a ten pound bag, I figure pasta doesn't go bad and we eat a lot of it.

Thursday, August 18.

Dinoland - Dinosaur?
12:30-19:00

In a really strange way I could not quite recall which area I had. I haven't worked Boneyard in quite a while and Theater in the Wild doesn't start at 12:30 so that leaves Dinosaur.
We had the Kali River Kooldown after work, a "cast appreciation event" from 18:00 until 20:00 so a few of us went over (in the pouring rain) to Asia to get our free ice cream and our manager Ian ended up giving us a ride from Asia to the parking lot so we wouldn't get more soaked than we already were.

Friday, August 19.

Asia - Caravan.
12:30-19:00

Repetitive week at all? Caravan once again, this time closing trash. It becomes easy once you get used to the run, even more so when the park is not as full as usual. The crowds have died down, people are still shocked that the park closes at 18:00 but then they run off to the other parks and Animal Kingdom empties pretty fast, at least Asia and Africa.

Saturday, August 20.

Dinoland - Theater in the Wild.
11:30-19:00

Dinoland again!!! This time Theater in the Wild with its amazing three trash runs. I only ended up doing two of them since the last time I had Theater I didn't pull anything from my first run. So I ignored the 12:30 trash run and went to Track Talk instead and listened to the managers tell us once again to empty the recycle bags even if there are bees. "Do not swat at them" was repeated a few times and all the CPs agreed after the meeting that if there were bees the recycling would go in to the compactor with the rest of the trash. One bee - I'll empty the bag, over fifty - I will not approach the recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment