Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Fun days (Tues//Thurs//Fri)

Tuesday, May 24.

To be honest, it was all a blur - at least it is by now. What I DO remember from Tuesday is sleeping in, 'cause I know it felt gooood. My computer and photos tell me I also went to Epcot with at least Cristina - someone else was there, I believe it was Erin, she was excited 'cause she gets to work there!

Epcot!

We wandered around, rode Test Track, where we are dummies in car crash tests. Pretty sweet ride. We gave up on Soarin', the line for that ride is insane. We did go on the Nemo ride though, we sit in seashells and go through the story under water, it's awesome =D

Nemo!

At 20:45 we made our way to the lake in the middle of Epcot to watch the IllumiNations: fireworks and laser show with wonderful music and a globe that spun in the middle of the lake.

Not the main show, but still some water.

After that we waited in a back area for a bus back to the main bus area of Epcot. We waited half an hour. Then we were told that transit bus wasn't running anymore so we walked back to the main entrance and caught the bus there. As could be expected that ride took forever, but that's how the bus system works around here. I suppose we should be glad there are buses to take us to the parks... sigh.

Thursday, May 26.

On Thursday Jessica and I decided to hit Epcot again, try and track down Erin and you know, embarrass her or something. But first Jessica had one of her friend give us a ride to the Verizon store a little ways away so she could get a new phone charger. He then drove us to Epcot where we rode the Test Track again, because it's just that great of a ride!
Ricky met up with us, exhausted from his own training - spending all day in the sun doesn't work too well for him, he didn't have his hat back then. Jessica went to Germany with her guyfriend and I dragged Ricky to France. I bought lunch in a French patisserie and I almost passed out while eating my cheese/ham croissant and rustique and my strawberry tart. OMG they were so good!

Paris!

We made our way through the countries, but before leaving France we saw:

Belle and the Beast

So exciting! This is what Disney is about =D
And this is Ricky and me

We could be anywhere. But we're at DISNEY WORLD.

After that Jessica wanted to go over to the Magic Kingdom so we got on the monorail and road over there. When we got there Ricky was in a bad mood because of the heat/exhaustion so we left Jessica with a few friends she met up with and made our way back to the bus station and road over to what is called Property Control. Also known as awesome discounts for Disney employees. 75% on a number of things because they're not "show ready", they can't be placed on shelves because the plastic on this Barbie doll's box is a little scruntch up. Oh yeah, I'm going to spend money there. I didn't actually buy anything that time because we were riding the bus, I didn't want to carry stuff around. Yay for being lazy and saving money that way hehehe.
After that wonderful experience we debated going over to the Animal Kingdom Costuming to grab Ricky's hat but then realized that closed at 5pm and we would probably not make it back and decided to give up on that and go home to relax, out of the sun, out of the heat.

Friday, May 27.

Ricky was back at work on Friday. Lynn took me to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, where she worked on her last College Program, and we grabbed lunch there. The Lodge is awesome, very African-y with lots and lots and lots of birds and animals. For lunch we ate delicious flatbread pizzas and then walked around to look at the animals.

Giraffe.

Mr. Lizardude.


Pelican.

And then we drove home, Lynn went shopping with her friends, I tried to catch up on my blog, failed and watched TV until Ricky got back at which point we hung out and got dinner at Chick-Fil-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment